CBD for pain is one of the most universal products, the benefits of which are proven by many people in Lithuania and elsewhere every day. CBD, also known as cannabidiol, is an effective product extracted from the hemp plant but does not have hallucinogenic or other side effects. For this reason, CBD oil is perfect for people with different health and wellness conditions.
How does it work, and what health problems does it prevent? We will answer all your questions! Straipsnio turinys
What problems does CBD for pain solve?
- Relieves joint inflammation. Many scientific studies show that CBD helps reduce joint inflammation, especially when pain is associated with osteoarthritis. The main symptoms of osteoarthritis are joint pain and stiffness. This condition makes it difficult for the patient to move the affected joints and perform certain daily activities, such as driving a car or performing simple physical activities. Symptoms may come and go in episodes, but these sensations may be permanent in more severe cases.
A 2017 US study found that CBD help not only ease pain, but also prevent (or at least slow down) nerve damage. This damage is directly related to arthritis. So, with regular use of CBD, many arthritis patients experience a noticeable improvement in their health.
- Reduces muscle pain. The most common causes of muscle pain are tension, stress, overload and minor injuries such as sprains. However, active sports see more serious injuries, such as muscle tears, requiring professional medical assistance.
Muscle pain is usually localised, affecting only a few muscles. Regardless of the origin, muscle pain can cause constant discomfort even with the simplest activities. CBD products temporarily relieve muscle pain and aches. As mentioned, cannabidiol provides an anti-inflammatory effect, making it beneficial in recovering from muscle strains and micro-tears.
5% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
15% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
30% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
CBD capsules (600mg)
- Effectively suppresses menstrual cramps, the so-called dysmenorrhea. Hormonal changes can cause period-related pain in the pelvis, abdomen and other body parts, but the exact cause of menstrual pain is still not fully known.
CBD oil or capsules can significantly ease menstrual discomfort. In 2019, a review of various studies examining the use of CBD to treat PMS symptoms and menstrual pain was made. It showed that CBD was quite effective in relieving chronic and acute menstrual pain. Cannabidiol can also relieve period-related symptoms, such as diarrhoea, constipation and nausea.
- Helps to get rid of a headache. Almost everyone gets a headache from time to time, but frequent headaches can cause concern and impair the quality of life. A common cause of headaches is stress, lack of sleep, unbalanced diet and tension. According to statistics, tension-type headaches affect over one-third of men and more than one-half of women in developed countries.
Patients report that cannabidiol (CBD) oil can provide quick and long-lasting relief from headaches and tension. A lot of experts hypothesise that CBD can be used to treat migraines.
Although many people using CBD report that cannabidiol has been more effective in relieving pain than prescription medications, clinical trials focusing on CBD’s effects on migraines have yet to be conducted. That being said, a 2018 study revealed that CBD contained many healing properties, including anti-inflammatory effects associated with migraines. Clearly, cannabidiol has a lot of potential in the treatment of migraines and other headaches.
- CBD has antifungal and antibacterial properties. If you have wounds that are healing very slowly because of diabetes or other conditions, CBD can accelerate your recovery. CBD has antifungal and antibacterial properties that speed healing and even protect against infections.
If you want to use CBD to treat wounds or blisters, you can apply it directly to the affected area. It helps create a protective barrier around the damaged skin and ensures that the active ingredients are delivered directly to where they are most needed.
- CBD can be more effective than prescription pain relievers. Like prescription medications, cannabidiol products work by activating certain receptors in the brain, the central nervous system. In other words, the perceived pain noticeably reduces or disappears altogether, even though the injury or ailment is still present.
But CBD is not just a brain receptor manipulator. It is a natural product that is good for the body and has anti-inflammatory properties. It means that once in the body, CBD aims to eliminate symptoms directly from their source rather than simply masking the pain. So, with cannabidiol, you will not only feel physical relief, but you will also stimulate your body’s recovery and healing processes. Many pain relievers do not provide this function, only masking the unpleasant symptoms.
- CBD helps with various other ailments. Have trouble falling asleep? Experience stress at work? Struggle with back pain? Or perhaps you want to improve the condition of your skin?
Properly selected, certified CBD products can help with all these issues and more. You can also use CBD to reduce arthritis pain, improve your appetite or speed up the healing of injuries. It is great for migraines, digestive issues, the immune system and general well-being.
Just remember that if you are suffering from chronic, oncological or infectious diseases, consult your doctor before using CBD oil.
- CBD products are quite easily available throughout Lithuania and beyond. Now that many forms of CBD are legal in Lithuania and many other countries, it is easy to find suitable types and formulas of CBD products to control your pain. You can easily order CBD online, buy it in physical stores or even get it at some pharmacies without a prescription.
Experience shows that CBD is much more affordable than other pain management methods, such as prescription medications or surgery. On top of that, CBD is much less likely to cause unpleasant side effects.
CBD for Chronic Pain
Millions of people around the world suffer from chronic pain, but recently many are becoming convinced of the benefits of CBD for pain relief. CBD products made from hemp are becoming increasingly popular for their pain-relieving properties. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, making it an attractive alternative for those looking for chronic pain relief without any additional health risks. CBD is known to interact with the body's endocannabinoid system, which plays an important role in regulating pain, mood, and sleep, resulting in CBD's anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties.
When considering CBD for chronic pain, it is important to familiarize yourself with the different forms of CBD. CBD creams are popular for treating localized pain, such as joint or muscle pain, as these creams can be applied directly to the affected areas. At the same time, full-spectrum CBD oil, which contains not only CBD, but also other cannabinoids and terpenes, is known to provide "Entourage effect". This enhances the pain relief benefits of CBD products.
Before starting to use CBD for pain, it is very important to determine the correct dose of CBD. It may vary depending on individual factors such as body weight, pain intensity and CBD tolerance level. It is often recommended to start with a low dose and gradually increase until the desired effect is achieved. Consultation with a health care professional can provide you with recommendations tailored to your individual needs.
In summary, CBD for pain is a promising alternative for treating chronic pain. With products like CBD creams, full-spectrum CBD oil, and CBD pain patches, you can get long-sought results for pain relief.
The role of the endocannabinoid system in pain relief
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is a vital body system first discovered in the early 1990s that plays a key role in regulating body functions such as pain and inflammation. The main receptors of this system are CB1 and CB2 - these receptors are located throughout the body and are the main targets of cannabidiol (CBD) for pain relief. CBD's interaction with the ECS, particularly its effect on the CB2 receptor, is thought to reduce pain and inflammation, making CBD currently one of the main targets of pain management research.
Clinical studies highlight the pain potential of CBD. For example, in 2021 a study published in the Journal of Pain found that CBD significantly reduced participants' chronic pain symptoms. This is related to the function of the ECS in pain management, as it regulates the body's response to pain signals. The therapeutic potential of CBD is huge, as cannabidiol is a non-addictive and potentially safer alternative to traditional pain medications.
It is important to note that while medical professionals emphasize that CBD's effectiveness in pain relief is promising, it should be used as part of a comprehensive pain management plan. As research continues, understanding of the interactions between ECS and CBD will expand, which may lead to more effective treatments for chronic pain sufferers. The role of the endocannabinoid system in pain relief, especially in combination with CBD, is a significant area of medical advancement that offers hope to those seeking alternative pain management methods.
CBD for arthritis and joint pain
The potential of cannabidiol (CBD) in the treatment of arthritis and joint pain is increasingly recognized by people around the world. Unlike traditional pain relievers, CBD interacts with the body's endocannabinoid system, which plays a key role in regulating pain and inflammation and other vital body functions. Research shows that CBD can relieve pain in people with arthritis without the side effects typically associated with prescription drugs.
CBD for pain can be especially effective for those struggling with chronic joint pain. CBD's anti-inflammatory properties make it a great alternative or adjunct to standard arthritis treatments. When considering CBD for pain, it's important to familiarize yourself with the different forms of CBD, for example CBD pain patches target the immediate source of pain and provide targeted and long-lasting relief, making it an extremely convenient and effective remedy.
When considering CBD for pain, it is important to keep in mind the combination of CBD with conventional medications. Before adding CBD to your wellness routine, it's important to consult with your health care professional, as CBD can interact with certain medications. However, CBD for pain is definitely worth a try, as combining CBD for pain with traditional treatments can optimize pain management strategies.
The versatility of CBD for pain makes it possible to relieve the symptoms caused by arthritis. As research continues, the role of CBD in reducing joint pain and improving the quality of life of arthritis sufferers is becoming increasingly clear.
CBD for neuropathic pain
CBD has already become a promising treatment for neuropathic pain, a complex and often debilitating condition. CBD may be an effective tool for reducing the discomfort associated with peripheral neuropathy, a common form of neuropathic pain resulting from nerve damage.
For those looking for a pain reliever, CBD oil specifically designed for nerve pain can offer immediate pain relief. Applying this oil to damaged and sore areas can reduce inflammation, making daily activities more manageable. Additionally, CBD's potential pain relief benefits are not limited to topical effects - CBD can also help reduce anxiety and stress that are often associated with chronic pain.
A balanced diet rich in valuable nutrients can help the body support its natural healing processes. Combined with regular exercise, quality sleep, and other stress management techniques, CBD oil can be an effective pain reliever.
Although research on CBD for pain is still developing, its potential as a natural and non-addictive pain reliever offers hope to many people struggling with neuropathic pain.
CBD for pain: which product to choose?
Cannabidiol products can be used in many different forms, including tinctures, oils, capsules, creams and lotions. Let’s take a brief look at each of them.
- CBD capsules. Capsules are usually filled with liquid CBD oil. You can massage their contents into the desired areas of skin.
- Oils and tinctures. People who don’t like capsules often opt for oils and tinctures. In this case, it is enough to apply a few drops for you to feel immediate positive effect. If you use CBD for pain relief, you can apply the oil to the skin where you feel pain, burning, tingling or numbness.
- Lotions and creams. CBD lotions and creams are intended for topical use by massaging directly into the problem area of the body. It allows for quick pain relief and additional hydration of the skin.
- Gummies and other edible products. CBD edibles include candy, gummies, caramel, chocolate and more. It is a good alternative for those who don’t like the texture or taste of CBD oil. Another option is to add some food-grade CBD oil to your cake or cookie dough. Please note that CBD currently classifies as a new food, so it should not be used as a food supplement in Lithuania.
It is also worth looking at a wide range cannabidiol oils. Currently, the most popular forms of CBD are the following:
Full-spectrum CBD oil. It is a product with a strong, intense effect that reflects the natural composition of hemp. Full-spectrum CBD oil contains virtually all cannabinoids, other compounds found in hemp. Among them is THC, which has a hallucinogenic effect if used in large quantities. However, the laws in Lithuania and other countries allow THC up to 0.2%, which is completely safe and does not cause any unwanted effects.
Broad-spectrum CBD oil. It is an optimal option that is perfect for both first-timers and long-time users of CBD products. This product contains other beneficial compounds (such as terpenes, flavonoids) and cannabinoids such as CBD, CBC, CBG, CBN, etc., which enhance the analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of the oil. However, broad-spectrum CBD oil does not contain hallucinogens like THC, so it doesn’t cause intoxication or other unpleasant sensations.
CBD isolate. As the name suggests, this product contains only CBD, so you won’t find other cannabinoids or compounds. Isolate has a milder effect, does not irritate your body and does not cause any allergies, but it can be less effective than other forms of CBD in relieving pain.
What should you consider before using CBD for pain?
As we have covered above, there are many benefits to using CBD for pain relief, from its anti-inflammatory properties to its widespread availability.
Don’t worry about getting intoxicated. This natural compound extracted from hemp is safe to use and does not produce any side effects such as hallucinations. A major reason for this is the fact CBD does not have the psychotropic effects of another cannabinoid, the well-known hallucinogen tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
However, let your doctor know if you want to combine CBD with prescription medications. CBD can interfere with your blood circulation if you are taking blood thinners such as aspirin, and it can also increase the potency of some psychoactive medications.
As long as you follow all safety guidelines, cannabidiol products are suitable for and enjoyed by many. CBD can be your best pain reliever!