CBD for immune system boost. A strong immune system is one of the most important factors for enjoying excellent health and a longer and more comfortable life. The immune system protects against disease- and infection-causing bacteria, viruses and other micro-organisms. Unfortunately, when the immune system is weak, the body is no longer protected, and the risk of various diseases increases. Read on and find out how CBD can help to strengthen your immune system.
Doctors note that only a low percentage of people take proper care of their immune system, even though maintaining good health is not that difficult. Numerous studies and practical experience have shown that the component found in hemp plants – cannabidiol (or CBD) – has a positive effect on the immune system and helps to strengthen it.
What effect does CBD have on our body, and how can it be used to strengthen the immune system? We will answer all your questions!
Note: This and other articles on Hempo's blog are for informational purposes only. According to the directive of the European Commission, cannabidiol is classified as a 'novel food', therefore CBD products should not be used as a food supplement in Lithuania.
Key facts about the immune system
The immune system is a vital part of your body. It consists of many cells, tissues and organs that work together to protect you from various infections and diseases. The main task of the immune system is to recognise and destroy foreign bodies trying to enter the body, such as bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites. It can also identify and remove damaged or altered cells from the body.
The immune system works together with your nervous system. It helps to collect and process information more efficiently and to respond to stimuli.
Natural ways to strengthen your immune system
To have a better understanding of the benefits of CBD for the immune system, remember the basic, everyday actions that support the immune system:
Healthy sleep rhythm. Sleep is essential for your well-being and your body’s resistance. During sleep, cell renewal processes take place, your body charges with positive energy necessary to fight potential disease-causing microbes. Statistics show that insufficient sleep increases the risk of catching infectious diseases several times, so you should maintain a regular sleep rhythm and try to sleep 7 to 9 hours a day;
Regular exercise. What is good for your heart is also good for your immune system, so a simple workout is recommended at least several times a week. Your workout can include do easy running, hiking, cycling or an hour in the gym;
A balanced diet. A poor diet lacking one or more nutrients can disrupt the production and activity of immune cells and antibodies, leading to disease and illness. Make sure your diet does not lack fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and grain products both in winter and in summer. Avoid heavily processed, fat-fried, roasted, fried and semi-finished products;
Drinking water. Water helps carry oxygen to various cells in your body. It also removes toxins from your body, thus providing a comprehensive benefit to your health. It’s crucial during illness, when your body is fighting the pathogen. So, make sure you drink enough fluids every day. In addition to water, you should regularly drink teas, such as matcha green tea, rich in antioxidants and other valuable substances that strengthen the immune system;
Hygiene. Germs can spread quickly when touching dirty surfaces and not following essential hygiene rules, so don’t forget to wash your hands before eating, after going to the toilet or after petting your pet.
How can CBD provide a boost for your immune system?
CBD extracted from hemp is different from many other cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. It has the following benefits:
Not psychotropic. Unlike THC, another well-known cannabinoid, CBD does not have hallucinogenic effects, so it does not affect your mental health in any way and does not cause a feeling of intoxication;
5% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
15% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
30% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
CBD capsules (600mg)
Practically no side effects. CBD is very well tolerated and safe for the vast majority of users. Side effects are extremely rare and not severe. These may include symptoms such as dry mouth, light-headedness or short-term indigestion.
How CBD can provide a boost for your immune system
What are the specific benefits of CBD to your immune system? Learn about five of them!
- Better sleep. CBD oil has been shown to drastically improve your sleep. By improving your sleep cycle, CBD boosts your immune system, ensuring you go through all three stages of sleep: REM (rapid eye movement), light sleep and deep sleep. In 2019, a study conducted by US scientists showed that as many as 66.7% of respondents who used CBD oil and other CBD products slept significantly better.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. CBD has anti-inflammatory properties. It’s very important for the optimal functioning of the immune system: with chronic inflammation or infection, the activity of the immune system weakens, increasing the permeability to pathogens. CBD successfully combats various inflammations and prevents the outbreak of new foci of disease in the body.
- Antioxidant effect. CBD has antioxidant properties and can help with oxidative stress. It’s a condition caused by an excess of free radicals. Oxidative stress weakens the immune system and reduces cell resistance to micro-organisms, viruses and bacteria. CBD has antioxidant properties and protects against the negative effects of free radicals.
- Better digestion. CBD oil improves the bowel function, helps with indigestion and regulates appetite. A properly functioning digestive system contributes to a strong immune system.
- Reduced stress and anxiety. Your immune system is very closely related to the nervous system. If you experience anxiety and stress, cannabidiol products can significantly reduce tension and anxiety, while improving your emotional and physical well-being. It just proves that CBD is a great way to boost your immune system.