Medical hemp oil or ordinary oil extracted from hemp seeds - which is better? If the answer to this question concerns you too, it's time to compare them!
Note: This and other articles on Hempo's blog are for informational purposes only. According to the directive of the European Commission, cannabidiol is classified as a 'novel food', therefore CBD products should not be used as a food supplement in Lithuania.
Composition of hemp oil
Fibrous hemp seed oil is extracted from hemp seeds by cold pressing. It is mostly unrefined. The seed oil is enriched with substances useful for nutrition and the whole body. It is rich in vitamins A, B, C, D, E, various trace elements, proteins, minerals, fibers, healthy fatty acids (Omega-3 and Omega-6). It does not contain CBD, THC or other cannabinoids.
Meanwhile, medical hemp oil (or CBD oil) is extracted from fibrous hemp flowers, which contain a high concentration of CBD and other beneficial cannabinoids and other substances - terpenes, flavonoids - . Compared to ordinary oil, medicinal oil is more complicated to extract, and its extraction technology is more expensive.
Possibilities of use
Hemp seed oil has versatile benefits for the body:
- Enriches skin care routine. Due to the omega-3 and omega-6 acids contained in hemp seeds, this product nourishes, moisturizes and soothes the skin, stimulates its regeneration processes, and can promote the healing of wounds and various superficial skin lesions.
- Fights aging processes. The seed oil contains a high concentration of vitamin E. This vitamin slows down skin aging processes, helps fight photoaging. With regular use of this product, the skin becomes more elastic, more youthful, and wrinkles are reduced.
- Improves hair condition. The vitamins and micronutrients in hemp seeds can help strengthen worn-out, damaged, dull hair. They become more lush, stronger, the ends of the hair break less.
- Helps digestion. Regardless of age, smooth digestive processes are important for our good health and well-being. Hemp seeds are high in fiber. Consuming a small amount of this oil in food (or on its own) ensures good digestive function, eliminates toxins faster, reduces bloating and other unpleasant symptoms.
- Reduces bad cholesterol. High cholesterol is associated with a shorter life span, obesity, cardiovascular diseases (heart attack, varicose veins, etc.)). The healthy fatty acids and vitamin D found in hemp seeds can help lower unwanted cholesterol and protect against the aforementioned diseases.
5% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
15% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
30% CBD Oil (Full Spectrum)
CBD capsules (600mg)
Due to its intense effects, medical CBD oil can be used to improve physical and emotional health, as well as to combat various diseases:
- Reduces stress. Do you often experience stress and tension? We have bad news. This is much more than a small child. Constant stress has a huge negative effect on the body. It can lead to sleep and eating disorders, mental illness, and even shorten life expectancy. Scientific research and experiments suggest that medical hemp oil is effective in relieving stress symptoms.
- Helps improve mental health. Medical cannabidiol oil is thought to be beneficial for people with depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD), anxiety or eating disorders. Although CBD products are not a substitute for prescription medications, they can significantly improve quality of life. Regular use of hemp oil improves the quality of sleep, makes it easier to concentrate, and reduces anxiety.
- Relieves various pains. CBD affects pain receptors and reduces pain in the muscles, head, and other parts of the body. This oil can be used after sports training, as well as in case of chronic diseases. Also, scientists believe that CBD can slow the growth of some tumors.
- Helps regulate the hormonal system. Studies have found that CBD oil helps regulate the release of the stress-activating hormone cortisol and other hormones. It helps to balance the hormonal system and provides a better sense of well-being.
- Helps with oncological diseases. Organic hemp oil containing cannabidiol and other cannabinoids may help cancer patients. It alleviates the symptoms of oncological diseases, mitigates the side effects of treatment, and helps the body to recover faster.
- Protects against infections and inflammations. CBD has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are relevant for the whole body: if you have acne (acne), have other skin diseases or want to improve immunity. Medicinal hemp oil increases the body's resistance to pathogens, relieves inflammation and strengthens the immune system.
Effects of hemp oil
As we mentioned, medical hemp oil contains CBD and other cannabinoids. Their effect is bright, fast and intense. The cannabinoids in the oil interact through the endocannabinoid system and the cannabinoid receptors in each person's body.
Hemp oil has a much weaker effect because it does not contain cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids.
Medical CBD oil is extracted from fibrous hemp grown on organic farms. This product is more difficult to extract using modern and expensive technologies. It goes through a thorough testing process to ensure its safety and effectiveness. This CBD oil is believed to provide an intense healing effect on the body. Considering all the above factors, its price is significantly higher compared to regular hemp oil.
The cost of ordinary hemp oil is much lower - it is easier and faster to extract, and its production does not require complex and expensive technologies. This oil is useful and effective, but it is weaker and is not used for health improvement, but for preventive, nutritional and cosmetic purposes.
Although both oils are extracted from the hemp plant, judging by their active ingredients and the effects they provide, it is clear that they are two different but valued products: each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
For those who want to use the oil for preventive purposes, improving the condition of hair, nails, and skin, as well as to enrich the diet with Omega-3 and Omega-6 acids, hemp seed oil is an excellent choice.
Meanwhile, in order to significantly improve the state of emotional health, to relieve pain of various origins, to fight with oncological problems, to improve the quality of sleep, mood, working capacity, medical hemp oil is a much more effective solution.