The benefits of fiber hemp are multifaceted. It is a plant that is perfect for people looking for natural solutions to their health. Hemp plants contain a variety of beneficial substances, from vitamins, proteins, beneficial fatty acids to active cannabinoids, of which cannabidiol (CBD): a natural substance that can provide a calming effect, help relieve various pains, fight stress/anxiety, improve skin condition and more.
Different parts of the fiber hemp plant - flowers, leaves, stems, seeds, roots - have their own unique beneficial properties.
If you want to learn more about hemp products and their benefits, now is the time to discuss the different parts of the hemp plant, their benefits and uses!
Note: This and other articles on Hemp's blog are for informational purposes only. According to the directive of the European Commission, cannabidiol is classified as a 'new food', therefore CBD products should not be used as a food supplement in Lithuania.
Hemp flowers and leaves
This is one of the most commonly used parts of the hemp plant. The leaves and flowers contain the most vitamins, minerals, cannabinoids, and other useful active substances such as terpenes and flavonoids. Since hemp leaves and flowers are rich in cannabidiol, they have calming properties, help fight stress, improve mood, and help you relax.
Usage: There are many forms of consumption of hemp leaves and flowers: they can be inhaled/smoked, consumed as oil, capsules, tea. Also, these hemp parts are widely used in food production, body care products, animal feed, etc.i.e
Although hemp stalks do not have a high concentration of active substances or nutritional value, they are widely used in the production of household products and other products. This part of the hemp plant contains cannabidiol, so the stems can be used in the production of CBD oils and other products. It is true that the CBD content in hemp stems is lower than in flowers or leaves.
Usage: due to the unique texture and durability of hemp stems, textiles, clothing, and accessories are made from this hemp component. Hemp stalks have long been used to make ropes. The stems are excellent as fodder for livestock. The stems can also be used in the production of CBD oil.
Nutritionally, this is probably the most valuable part of the fibrous hemp plant. Hemp seeds are called superfood for a reason: they are rich in trace elements, fiber, fatty acids (a perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 acids are found in the seeds), iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, B vitamins and i.e.i.e
All these substances are important to ensure a complete nutrition, maintaining a good condition of the body, optimal brain activity, improving immunity.
Usage: The use of hemp seeds for food purposes is very wide. Oil is pressed from them, the seeds can be ground, sold shelled/unshelled. The seeds are also widely used in the production of cosmetics, medical products and horticulture.
According to specialists, the great benefits of fibrous hemp lie in the roots, which are often an over-estimated component of the hemp plant, which has many beneficial properties.
In ancient times, they were used for healing purposes, fighting inflammations, infections and even burns. The pain-relieving, antibacterial properties of hemp roots, known for thousands of years, have been confirmed by science: the active substances in the roots are believed to have an anti-inflammatory effect, can reduce joint and other pain, help remove toxic substances from the body.
Usage: teas, tinctures, decoctions are made from hemp roots. They can be used dried and ground, orally and externally. Oils, infusions, gels and creams are made from the roots.
The benefits of hemp: 6 benefits for your well-being
Let's take a closer look at the main reasons to try fiber hemp products:
- Provides a calming effect – CBD and some other cannabinoids have a calming effect. They help to relax, improve concentration, reduce stress, so they are very useful for people who work in stressful mental or physical work.
- Improves sleep quality - regular consumption of hemp products (such as CBD oil, capsules, hemp flower tea, etc.), many people improve sleep quality. These products are especially useful when suffering from insomnia and other sleep disorders, but they are also perfect for preventive use: to make your rest even better.
- Helps fight emotional disorders - depression, anxiety, panic attacks, attention disorders - the range of emotional ailments is very wide and these are just a few of the most common examples. Most often, emotional/psychological disorders are caused by biochemical imbalances, hormonal disorders in the body. Hemp products help regulate hormone activity and stabilize biochemical processes. Cannabinoids such as CBD enhance mood, calm, so the emotional state improves noticeably.
- Useful for sportsmen - do you like to spend your free time actively, or do you do sports professionally? Whatever the answer, hemp products are very beneficial for the body. Here, CBD oil relieves muscle tension and spasms, and hemp seed oil contains many proteins and fatty acids that support the good condition of the bone system, connective tissues, and provide more energy.
- Relieves body pains - the chemical elements in hemp help to reduce body pains of different origins: from PMS and menstrual pain or muscle spasms to arthritis associated joint pains.
- Improves the condition of people suffering from oncological diseases - in the case of cancer, it is important to maintain good functions of the body so that the patient can withstand the treatment he receives as easily as possible. Different parts of hemp plants provide the body with useful trace elements, vitamins, proteins, provide anti-inflammatory effects, relieve body pains and improve general well-being. It is also thought that CBD can slow down the production of cancer cells and increase the effectiveness of chemotherapy and other treatments.
Is the use of hemp legal?
From 2021 end in Lithuania all parts of fibrous hemp plants can be used completely legally. The most important thing is that the amount of the psychoactive substance THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in their composition does not exceed 0.2%. THC has an intoxicating effect, it affects the psyche and can cause a number of adverse events, which is why it is restricted in Lithuania.
It is important to note that certain fiber hemp products (for example, full-spectrum CBD oil) may contain permitted amounts of THC, which have no intoxicating effect, but may enhance the effectiveness of CBD due to the so-called "entourage effect".
Experience the benefits of hemp fiber today: visit the Hempo store and try our CBD products today!