“Is CBD safe to use?” is one of the most common questions that people who want to try CBD products ask professionals.
The direct answer to this question is definitely yes. But let's talk about everything from the beginning.
Hemp products remain in the spotlight in beauty, wellness and medicine. It's no wonder that more and more doctors, scientists and consumers are becoming convinced of the benefits of CBD oil. CBD is a natural component extracted from the fibrous hemp plant that is used very widely. Perhaps the most well-known benefits of cannabidiol are:
- Pain relief;
- Anti-inflammatory effect;
- Relief of symptoms of neurological diseases;
- Relief of symptoms of oncological diseases;
- Reducing stress, tension, depression, anxiety disorders;
- Improving sleep quality;
- Restoration of damaged skin.
- Treatment of acne scars
Can CBD harm the body?
Unfortunately, despite the CBD benefits and the safety of this product, in some cases this product can be harmful to health. We've identified some of the most common reasons why this might happen.
- Buying cheap (low quality) CBD oil. Be very careful with "cheap" CBD oils. This may seem obvious to experienced users, but since there are so many different CBD oil options on the market today, choosing the most suitable product can sometimes become a real challenge, especially if you've decided to try cannabidiol for the first time.
It's important to note one thing - cheap CBD oil is there for a reason. It is likely to be made from low-quality fiber hemp, the product may contain less CBD than stated on the label, or the manufacturing process may use primitive technologies that are cheaper but may damage the structure of the cannabinoids, making the CBD oil less effective.
High-quality, reliable and safe CBD oils are more expensive simply because the greatest attention must be paid to the cultivation of species of hemp with a special genetic profile, and the production process of CBD oil extracted from them requires the most advanced technologies and appropriately qualified specialists who can properly manage the production processes.
- Uses oil with unsafe ingredients. If you've ever felt sick after taking CBD oil, it could be because of some of the toxic ingredients it contains, such as heavy metals. Such oil not only does not provide benefits, but can be dangerous for your health.
This situation is caused by low-quality hemp, which is grown using chemical fertilizers and artificial pesticides. Unfortunately, many new users of cannabidiol do not pay attention to the type of hemp used and the country of origin before purchasing products, and do not check whether the CBD oil has been tested by an independent and accredited laboratory. These are some of the most important aspects when evaluating the quality and safety of CBD oil.
Cannabis plants are extremely good at absorbing everything they get from the environment and storing these substances in their tissues. Unfortunately, not all the elements obtained are useful: hemp also absorbs dangerous substances from the soil. These can be such heavy metals as arsenic, lead, cadmium. Another problem is that farmers in some countries use dangerous pesticides and chemical fertilizers to grow their crops, which are also easily absorbed by the plants. Once in CBD oil, these products enter the human body and can cause long-term negative health effects. In order to avoid this, it is advised to buy certified, organic CBD oil extracted from organic hemp that is grown without the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
- Too intense CBD oil is chosen.
For good results, the effectiveness of CBD oil is essential. However, CBD oil of the strongest effect or improperly dosed can cause adverse reactions in the body. Therefore, before using it for the first time, choose the type of oil and the dose you need very responsibly, preferably after consulting with a specialist.
According to intensity and composition, cannabidiol oil sold in Lithuania can be divided into several types:
- CBD isolate is a product containing only pure cannabidiol without impurities. Has the mildest effect.
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil - a product that contains not only CBD, but also almost all other cannabinoids found in hemp plants (except THC), as well as terpenes, flavonoids. Provides an intense effect and is suitable for basically all people, as it does not contain THC.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil - in its composition you will find all useful cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids. There is also a small amount of THC, which means that this oil causes what scientists call an "entourage effect" that enhances the effectiveness of CBD. This type of oil has the most intense effect, but may not be suitable for everyone.
As we mentioned, starting your acquaintance with CBD products with the most intense version is not the best choice.
If you are trying CBD for the first time, your body may be very sensitive to its effects - you really don't need a lot of CBD oil to feel the difference. If necessary, the amount of CBD can be gradually increased every few days, carefully monitoring when you will achieve the desired effect and you will be safe that unwanted effects (feeling of weakness or nausea) will not occur.
Also note that it may take a few days before you feel the effects of CBD. This is because cannabidiol needs time to restore your weakened endocannabinoid system. Suddenly increasing the amount of CBD will definitely not speed up the process, on the contrary, it can cause harm, so be patient.
Although CBD oil is generally a safe substance, it can cause some mild, dose-dependent adverse reactions. The following side effects may occur if you consume too much or too much CBD oil for your body:
- Drying of the mouth;
- Loss of appetite;
In order to avoid unwanted reactions, it is advised not to choose the highest concentration of CBD oil for the first time, 10% or 15% strength is quite enough.
Cannabidiol is obviously a safe and beneficial component for the body, but every CBD oil can be different. Therefore, when buying, it is necessary to find out what kind of hemp CBD oil is made from, what is the country of origin, whether the products have been tested in an accredited third-party (independent) laboratory and, if possible, look for product reviews on the Internet. This will help you enjoy the maximum effect of cannabidiol and avoid unpleasant side effects.
So, it is better not to ask the question "is CBD safe to use?", but whether you have chosen a really safe and suitable CBD oil for you.